Monday, July 18, 2011

Bourbon and Horses all day long

Last night we had dinner in Llexington atvaplace a couple of blocks from our hotel called DeSha's. It has been there a while at at one time was the place to go. It is still ok, actually we had a nice meal. I started with a sweet manhattan, my family's signature drink. This one was about 3 times the size of a Joe Betro Manahatten. I knew I was in trouble when I saw it but I was very thirsty. Along with my cocktail I had grilled scallops and grits along with a salad. The grits were delicious. They were a little cheesy and there was a midly spicy sause served with them. The scallops were pretty good, I would have liked anlittle more caramelization on them but I don't want to be picky. It also came with asparagus which was well asparagus.Keith had fried grouper which I tasted and it was yummy. He started with sausage vegetable soup and it tasted very much like the on I make which means it was very good. We had a long day and the drink hit me like I knew it would. We got back to the room, callednroom service for our evening ice cream and I was asleep before 9 pm.
This morning after breakfast we went to Kentucky Horse Park. The place could easily be an all day thing it goes on endlessly.there are museums,many different horses thT you can ride ( we did NOT). they have guided tours that take about 3 hours which we skipped. After the museum which was blessedly airconditioned We did see a show that highlighted several breeds. It was fun, glad we saw it. I like horses, but I'm not a horse person.Keith said he " loved" horses. I had no idea, I learned something. More on Kentucky later.
Hi Mom, miss you. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment