Sunday, July 10, 2011

Georgia On My Mind

We said goodbye to Atlanta for now and headed on 16 East for Savannaha. The country is beautiful, very lush and green. They are having a heat wave which with the humity feels like 120 degrees I swea, and this is heat is making me swear frequently. Every ten minutes or so one of us will say f#%ck it's hot. But, still we are having a blast. I stared seeing signs for Macon. I do not know why but it became imperative that we stop there. So we did, we drove through the town, some of it looked like it had seen better days, and parts were lovely. Big old stately homes, lots of brick and columns. Countless churches, mostly Baptist and Methodist, a large old Catholic church too. Keith mentioned that Wesleyan College was there, a historic all women's college( I think Hilary Clinton went there), so we drove through it. It is an expansive campus with ginourmous Brick buildings most with white columns and an equistrium center that smelled like money. It looked like a great place to spend for years. The student population is only 2300 and including room and board is $ 29,900. It could be worse. By this time we were starving, even Keith who pretends not to care about food. We had breakfast at "the Waffel House" they are all over the south, like every 20 mile you see one. It was kind of like a " Denny's " but southern and cheap. I had grits with my eggs. I was surprised to learn that grits and polenta are the same thing exactly. I was happy. Keith was happy with his greasy chicken cheese and bacon sandwich too. We drove a total of about 250 miles before we got to Savannah. Just checked in . More later. I am locked out of Facebook cause I can't remember my password so those of us who have mutual friends want to post this on your Facebook page feel free.
Peace out
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment