Sunday, July 10, 2011

Crabby can be good

Savannah is such an elegant city, we have only seen a small section, enough to make me excited about our trolly tour of the city tomorrow. I like these trophy tours cause they usually have pretty good and knowledgeable guides and you can get on and off all day. It is a very pleasant waybto make the most of your stay. This afternoon we walked along the river, Keith enjoyed the fact you could stroll with a beer as long as it is in plastic. The irony is that you can buy alcohol on Sunday's in a bar and walk the streets with it but you cannot purchase it from a store. It's a blue law thing, a nutty southern tradition. I understand there are also some states outside the south that have blue laws too. Makes me appreciate Cali.
Keith and I travel well together. We enjoy each other a lot. He goes out of his way to make sure my needs are taken care of and I like to think I do the same(I'm not taking about those needs, that is none of your business). So I hesitate to complain, really I do, I mean what more could I want right? Well screw it, it must be said Keith likes to see everything and walk in directions where there is nothing to see, just cause. People it is frigging hot. I am talking Africa hot with stunning humidity. Ok I feel better. I will say that we do pack it in and the exercise is much needed. Ok I won't complain again, at least not here.
In spite of taking the long way we ended up at a great restaurant called Belford's. I had amazing crab cakes with this great tomato jam( they gave me the recipe) ! Keth had she crab stew and crab ravioli. We ended with peach ice cream for me and chocolate for Keith. Tomorrow the city tour .
Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog titles are...cute...fun...clever...
    did you make them up or did Keith help you? ha ha ha ha...
    It appears you guys are eating and drinking your way thru the South...crab cakes, crab stew, crab ravioli, (are there Italians in Georgia?) waffles, and chicken cheese and bacon sandwiches...I hope Keith is running off that sandwich...
    p.s. will you be stopping off to say hello to the big guys at DRH in Arkansas or East Texas or wherever they are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok now you have us hooked and are leaving us hanging! What adventure did Thursday bring? Mom wants to know and also needs more details of your visit with Jay. Here with her now and you make her day! Love to you both... Big Sis

    ReplyDelete