Friday, July 22, 2011

Four States One Long Day

We awoke at 4am, ok I didn't exactly jump out of bed but was coaxed out by Keith who was annoyingly Chipper, it is unnatural.When I got in the shower I discovered there was no hot water. At a Westin? Really. Yes really. So I did the french bath thing, got dressed, and by 5am under the cover of the Memphis darkness we are on our way back to Atlanta. We crossed the boarder of Tennessee into Mississippi and stopped for breakfast in Tupelo cause of the Van Morrison song which it turns out was about Tupelo Florida. Oh well. After breakfast we started out again, I took over the driving for most of the remainder of the day, We went through Alabama, then back into Georgia. We finally made it back to our ultra hip Hotel the W in midtown Atlanta where we started almost two weeks ago. We were so tired I took a nice nap. We have traveled over 2700 miles through the South. This does not include our flight from Cali.We have had the time of our lives, but are anxious to get back home. We miss our dogs, our home, friends and family. We had our last dinner at our hotel at their Jean George Asian Fusian Restaurepant Spice Market. We did the tasting menu, the food was good, nothing fried and lots of fish. I had 2 cocktails and am now ready for bed. I can't wait to get home. Tomorrow when I get back I'll do a wrap up entry, I may try to add some pictures too. Thanks for joining us. I love you Mom. Peace out from Atlanta

1 comment:

  1. You have had a wonderful vacation having planned it very well, especially the hotels, restaurants and clubs at which you slept,ate and drank. I hope you have time to include a few photos in your probably final blog...I'd especially like to see Keith in the protest march or whatever it was, his time in the guitar store and you, Janet, sipping those Manhattans on the beaches...
    is it safe to assume you did all the blogging and Keith, er, well, didn't? You are a trippy writer...thanks...whacha gonna write about next?
    Hope your mom is hanging in there...

    ReplyDelete