Thursday, July 14, 2011

Total Chill

First I must start by saying I apologize for all my spelling and grammar errors both past, present, and future. I do not proof read these posts cause I usually do them before I go to bed and I am too tired by that time. I know many of you might think I am a little tipsy when I write these, I may be some of the time but not most of the time. But remember I am on vacation, so cut me some slack, thanks friends.
So after a sensible breakfast of fruit and cereal ( frosted flakes my vacation cereal) I hit the beach. Cabana boy had set up our umbrella and chairs so I was set. It was a bit cooler today which was nice but it was a little windy. The water was pleasant but the surf was a bit rough so I got in once, got knocked on my ass, so I pretty much stuck to the shore which was just fine. I just gazed at the water and listened to " this American life episodes for about 5 hours. It was pretty perfect. Keith joined me for some of the time but also left for a couple hours to see the Wright Brothers Museum at Kill Devil Hill, Kitty Hawk. I had no interest what so ever, sue me. Before I got In the sun I sprayed myself with sunscreen. Did I mention it was windy? Apparently I missed several areas, the wind blowing the spray off my body as I now have large areas that are fried. Very big patches on my legs in random areas that are really burnt. Keith on the other hand put no sun screen on and is burnt all over. He is unconcerned and believes he will be toasty brown tomorrow. NOT.I'll let you know how it turns out for him.
Based on abrecommendation from Keith's new BFF the bartender we went to the Blue Point restaurant in The town of Duck.Duck is very affluent, it reminded me a bit of Cape Cod but southern. The Blue Point was gorgeous, the best spot on the island to view the sunset which we did, it took my breath away. We had another great meal. I am getting so spoiled, or more spoiled, you pick. I started with a summer mellon salad which consisted of perfectly ripe cubes of watermelon and cantaloup on top of thin slices of Virginia ham with tarragon and arugala, all drizzled with a very light dressing. It reminded me of procuitto and melon that we had in Italy but southern. My main course was a crab sauté which was lump crab sauted with slivers of smoked salmon ands chives topped witb heirloom tomatoes. I washed it down with two glasses of champagne, cause I can, cause I'm on vacation. It was really really good. Keith started with a cold potato and crab soup and followed by crab cakes which had no filler that I could detect. He had beer with his meal. They also served the most delicate and yummy squares of cornbread along with sliced baquet. We were too stuffed for dessert not even our nightly cones. It was a good day. Tomorrow we are off to Richmond Virginia where Keith will see a cousin he has not seen for almost 40 years. It should be fun. I'll let you know.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment