Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last day in Memphis

This morning Keith went on his morning run, came back to the hotel and declared "I had a Forest Gump moment". Apparently he came across a group of teachers and folks who work for the school district that were having a small demonstration regarding the budget. They were small in numbers but very spirited. There were news cameras there and they recruited Keith to carry a sign and walk with them so they would look bigger while they were being shot for the local news. I love how he always comes back to me with an adventure to share, you never know with that boy.he then went on tour of the Gibson factory and I went on tour of the Memphis Rock n Soul Museum. I learned a lot about the roots of rock n soul, how it's linked to civil rights ect. It was curated by the Smithsonian and very well done. We then met for lunch. I ordered the grilled grouper sandwich cause it looked like the healthiest option and I haven't had fish in days.The grouper was topped with....BACON. You get pig on Everything here. I gave my bacon to Keith cause I knew I would have pork something tonight. The grouper was really good I took off the bread cause really it's too much already. Plus, you know, there will be dinner tonight.
We walked the 7 blocks to the Civil Rights Museum. It is on the sight of where Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated. It was excellent, very emotional. I'm not prepared to write about it just yet. I need to process it all. More later. Hi Mom. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment